Evaluate your moving estimate from Jay's, your Calgary movers
It’s important to know how to evaluate your moving estimate to fully understand what services you will get, and the quality of that service.
What can you expect after you call Jay's Moving Calgary?
- Jay’s will provide you with our Moving Estimator spreadsheet so that you can see the various parameters and options involved in estimating your costs;
- An experienced moving consultant will then be assigned to help you throughout your relocation.
- The consultant will set up an in-home consultation (free of charge and no obligation!) at your convenience.
What can you expect from the consultation?
- Your consultant will ask questions to determine exactly what you need;
- They will establish which items are to be moved and which items are to remain;
They will assess any potential difficulties in removing your belongings from your present location (like staircases, elevators, and narrow spaces);
- They will explain the services offered such as partial pack or full pack, appliance servicing; disconnection and re-connection, and exactly what these entail, to help you decide what you need, and
- They will explain short and long term storage options, should you require them, as well as answering any other questions you have.
After your initial consultation Jay’s will give you an estimate based on what you told them are your requirements. How do you evaluate the quote?
The quote is based on those services that you have requested the mover perform, such as packing services, any short or long term storage requirements you have, and third party services like disconnection and re-connection of your appliances.
- An accurate quote is dependent on clarity; it’s crucial that you tell us exactly what you need; if you later change your mind about which services you require, then we can adjust the quote to reflect your new request
This is where your research on the moving company comes into play:
If they have accumulated many years of experience and all their references speak well of their performance, they will be trustworthy;
If they offer a maximum weight guarantee based on their quote, you know that they are confident in their estimate, and
If all communications you’ve had with their representatives has been prompt, courteous, and professional you can expect that level of service to continue.
Careful evaluation of all these factors will help you choose the right Calgary moving company. We believe you’ll make the right choice with Jay’s, your Calgary movers! Call (403) 775-6066 for an estimate today.