General Moving Tips from Jay`s, Your Calgary Movers
There are a million things to cover when you’re moving house. It’s hard to figure out where to begin. General moving tips from the experienced professionals at Jay's, your Calgary movers will help you keep on top of the relocation process whether it’s local or long distance.
Jay’s Moving Calgary is reputed for its meticulous planning and skilled management of the entire moving process. It’s the reason why our customers have a truly satisfying relocation experience. We even provide a moving coordinator to manage the whole process, so you can focus on more important matters.
Call (403) 775-6066 for a move estimate anywhere in Canada and the United States.
Here are some general moving tips to make your work easier:
- Decide what needs to be moved, put aside for a garage sale or charity, and what needs to be thrown away. It will help your moving service provide a more accurate estimate of transportation costs;
- If you are going to do your own packing, purchase boxes and packing supplies from your moving company. They are more durable than what friends and family may have or what you pick up at grocery stores. Give yourself enough time to avoid panic;
- Movers will not remove things from walls or empty cabinets for you. So factor in the time you will need to do this;
- Keep aside things you need for travel, so you’re not scrambling at the last minute;
- It’s advisable to let professional packers handle large and delicate items. Packing costs are small when compared to sentimental and intrinsic value;
- Electronics like flat screen televisions, computers and music systems need to be carefully packed to avoid damage;
- Appliances must be cleaned and serviced;
- Make sure all manuals and warranties are kept in a safe place;
- Inform educational institutions, health care providers, banking and insurance services about your relocation;
- Remember to call utility companies about turning off your services;
- Obtain travel permission for your pets and decide what to do about your plants;
- If you’re moving cross-border ask your moving company about what is admissible and what isn’t;
- Hazardous materials will not be transported by your movers and you should not attempt to take them with you either;
- Carry all important documentation, papers and jewellery with you; and
- Ask your movers to brief you on what to expect for moving day.
Jay's Moving Calgary has helped thousands of individuals and families make a smooth transition to their new location. We’ll explain the entire process and answer all your questions. Our Calgary movers are experienced in the business and are renowned for their friendly and courteous service. Let our moving coordinator take on all your moving stress! Talk to us about your relocation plans.
Call (403) 775-6066