How To Choose a Long Distance Mover
If you are relocating within Canada or the United States for the first time, the question that is uppermost in your mind is how to choose a long distance mover? Jay's, your Calgary movers, offers these tips to help you decide.
Referrals from relatives, friends and neighbours can be very useful because the moving services have been tested and found to be reliable.
However, it’s always best to compare a couple of quotes even from recommended moving companies to be sure you’re getting quality service and fair pricing. The company’s experience is often an indicator of the kind of service you can expect.
Knowing how to choose a long distance mover is not easy if you’re not sure what to look for. Here are some tips that may help you choose the best long distance mover for your needs:
- Ask friends and family about moving experience and for referrals to get a sense of the service quality;
- Check the mover’s contact details and references provided;
- A good moving contractor must do a walk-through of your home or office to identify the goods that need to be moved in order to provide you with a proper estimate;
- Inquire about how delicate and sensitive items are going to be transported; provision of temperature control and palletized facilities, as well as the packing and storage services they provide;
- Find out about their moving claims policy in the event of damage or loss of shipments;
- Determine who your moving coordinator or contact will be in case you have any questions;
- Ask for a detailed explanation of what to expect on moving day; and
- Get a written confirmation of terms and conditions, and pricing.
Jay’s Moving in Calgary has over 50 years of industry experience. We are committed to efficiency, reliability and cost-effective moving services. Whether you’re moving your home or office, we’ll make your long distance move a stress-free and satisfying experience. Our comprehensive home and office moving services include professional packing and unpacking assistance, meticulous planning, and skillful management of your entire relocation process. Call (403) 775-6066 to ask about our President’s Gold Leaf Service Program with specialized moving assistance!!