Moving Storage with Jay’s or Self-Storage?
If you require either short term storage (less than 60 days) or long term storage in the course of your relocation to or from Calgary it’s important that you understand your options before making a decision whether to use storage services from Jay's, your Calgary movers or put your belongings in a self-storage or public storage facility.
If you choose to store your things with us your shipment will be:
- Offloaded into one of our climate controlled warehouses
- Remain wrapped and padded for protection, and
- Protected by whatever type of coverage you chose for your move.
If you need to have access to your shipment during the storage period you will incur a fee for retrieval and unwrapping of your items.
You can decide to store your things in a self-storage or public storage facility so that you have unlimited access, but you should be aware that your shipment will then be:
- Unwrapped as it is put into storage, and
- No longer covered by your transit protection plan, whether it was a released value plan or a replacement value plan. You are responsible for your own coverage when your things are no longer under our care.
Another consideration is that while Jay’s warehouses are climate controlled many self-storage or public storage facilities are not, so your belongings may be exposed to severe and potentially damaging temperature fluctuations, depending upon the season. We are Calgary movers who are familiar with local climate conditions!
Please consider your options carefully when you are deciding whether to use Jay’s storage services or another type of storage for your items.